Friday, April 24, 2009

An Honourary Chick

I am delighted once again to be guest blogging at Prairie Chicks Write Romance tomorrow, April 25. I'll be talking about the pros and cons of print publishing and electronic publishing. Certainly not a Regency topic, but one of import for all aspiring authors.

I wonder what Jane Austen would have thought of e-books? I don't really know what she thought of the burgeoning technology of her own time. I don't believe she ever mentioned the new spinning and weaving machines, the scientific discoveries or the coming railways. Imagine living before the advent of railways...it's a different world. That's why I love the Regency, and why I write Regency romance.

Do visit me at Prairie Chicks Write Romance tomorrow, and I'll be here next week, more Regency-oriented. (I'm keeping my New Year's resolution--blogging once a week is much better than I did in 2008!)

Till then,

Lesley-Anne

No comments: